02 03 A day in the life...: Teen Wolf-Series One. An American Supernatural Series on Netflix. My First Review of the first Few episodes. To be followed by my Final Review of Series One and a Postscript written after watching Series Two. Minor spoilers Only. See next posting dated 1st of August 2016. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Teen Wolf-Series One. An American Supernatural Series on Netflix. My First Review of the first Few episodes. To be followed by my Final Review of Series One and a Postscript written after watching Series Two. Minor spoilers Only. See next posting dated 1st of August 2016.

34
Netflix Description of Teen Wolf:
"An animal bite turns a high schooler into a werewolf and he suddenly becomes a star athlete and chick magnet.  But with a new set of problems."
2012.  Five Stars.

*


Teen Wolf

Series One.
My First Review of the first few episodes.

Yes I'm watching Teen wolf.  I don't care. Admittedly I rejected the series initially.  When Netflix wrote to me: telling me there is a new series they thought I would/ might like.  Oh dear.  That looks deeply sad. another sort of Vampire Diaries teenager-ish thing.

Mind you, I watched Vampire Diaries faithfully for a while.  And enjoyed writing about it.  Until Vampire Diaries got so terribly contorted with stories as the seasons went on.

 Plus I couldn't really bear to watch the inevitable happen.  To the heroine..
But I digress.

After watching: Between (Series Two), Spotless and then Stranger Things consecutively in a row-I was metaphorically glutted.  On quality drama. Where could I go?  What would I do?  I wasn't in the mood for anything heavy.

I tried a few things: The Lava Field, The Atelier, Muro Koro, Heartlands, even The Mako Mermaids.  But I just couldn't settle to any of them although I gave them a good try.

Oh yes, the Morning Call-another Japanese drama.  Not quite sure why Netflix points out "Japanese Dramas" because of my interest in Drama world.  Which was South Korean.

I completely forgot Continuum in my original list at the beginning of this paragraph.  You see-I've used up all the good drama I told myself.

It will be ages now untill such good pickings can be grown again. Like it was an orchard.

I didn't want anything too serious.  Too portentous.  Or pretentious. Or preachy-teachy (you know-official issues).  So how about Teen Wolf?  Maybe that will do..

Well it turns out that Teen wolf is a lot better than I expected.  Plus plenty horrific and nicely horror laden in parts.  Classic horror scenes beautifully created by the makers of the drama and lovingly done.

As in the creators of the series fondly reference many classic horror film scenes as well as embellishing further the werewolf repertoire of every werewolf film and series.

Then the series mixes these classical horror conventions all up in a great big pot with a good stir.

All this gives Teen Wolf a whole new twist on the werewolf genre.  Great fun.  Funny in parts.  Even laugh out loud.  Well once.  For me.  Some soppy romantic bits but thankfully for not too long.

Plus some really excellent acting..  From all the main characters. Particularly young Scott as the budding teen wolf and his friend the ever wise cracking sarcastic and clever: Stiles.

Then there is the gimlet eyed father of Allison, the possibly more than minorly insane gym Teacher, Bug-eyed and rapidly evolving Jackson, the jumpy and mysterious Veterinarian (the Priest from The Walking Dead) and several zany, supremely sarcastic male teachers.

You see after a while you start to realise that Teen wolf is a classic who-dunnit as well.  And you start suspecting people..I should say no more.

To be continued.


***







35 36 37 38